Oct 3, 2019

PICTURE PERFECT - Citrus Twist Kits



hi there!

The new Citrus Twist Kits  kits for October have been revealed and i love them all!  As soon as i opened the add on kit and saw this paper from Paige Evans Truly Grateful collection, i knew that i will be fussy cutting the leaves for one one of my pages.



I cut about a third of the paper, and took my time cutting each leaf, making sure that i had a good mix of all the colors and leaf designs.   Then, i arranged them on a piece of white cardstock so that they  looked like they were flying through the page.



Also, besides movement, the leaves were also arranged so that they transition in color as they move through the page.  I glued just the center of the leaves, and then softly curled some of the edges, before using my piercing tool to create holes for my hand stitching.  My idea was to create wind trails for the leaves.




This picture of me finding color on my walks was then framed with a paper that matches the shoes, and then i glued it to the page so that it sits in the center of the page, nestled by the leaves.      I added a simple label as a layer, and used the wood veneers to add the embellishment ( i added a bit of gold paint to the piece).




Along the way i stamped sentiments from the this month's TN stamp with gold ink, and then added  the title using a piece of ephemera and the Stamp (love that stamp!!!).  To emphasize the change of colors, i cut two little slits at the corners of the layout, folded the edges and backed them with papers from the add on kit and At My Table kits, i added a few stitches to hold the folds together,



I love how this turned out.  It is simple,but filled with texture and color!  Remember to stop by Citrus Twist Kits to check the kits, they are amazing!!!  As always, please feel free to contact me with any questions on how this  came together.


No comments:

Post a Comment