Sep 8, 2019

SUNDAY SKETCH - Citrus Twist Kits



Hi there!
Nathalie with you today bringing you this week's Sketch Challenge.   We all could use a bit of help when creating our pages, and sketches are the perfect starting point.   Add to that the September add-on kit and you are in for a complete treat.  But let's start with the sketch:



And this  is what this sketch inspired:




I tried my best to stay true to the sketch, and almost accomplish it, but i needed to put my own twist on it, and messy it up a bit with mixed media.





This month's add on kit is packed with papers and embellishments from the new Maggie Holmes' Heritage collection.  I chose all the soft colors for the layers behind the picture; however i grounded the entire page by adding a layer of navy patterned paper at the base for the page (Shimelle's Collection).



One of the biggest changes was replacing the layer of paper next to picture with a pocket for my journal card.  I used vellum to create the envelope pocket, and alter one of the Digital PL cards to add my story using the computer.




I kept the embellishments placements just like in the sketch, and also decided to repeat the stamping details under the title using the Simple Word V2 stamp here.  You can see how it all came together in the following video:



Just love how easy this came together using the sketch as inspiration for the page, especially when including this month's Add on kit with it.



Remember to share with us your project inspired by the sketch.   We love to see what you create.   If you have questions on how this came together, please do not hesitate to contact me, and stop by the CTK shop to check the kits and stamps (there is a sweet promotion happening, too!)


XO,





No comments:

Post a Comment