Sep 12, 2019

I LOVE YOUR SMILE but THIS PHOTO MAKES ME LAUGH - Technique Tuesday



Hi there! Nathalie with you today with a layout that uses the fun Laugh and Smile Stamp Set, along with the Layered Smile Crafting Dies, and the Layered Laugh Crafting Dies. These new sets are sure to be a staple in my documenting, as they are versatile and lots of fun. Let me show you what I have created.
1---TT_I-LOVE-YOUR-SMILE-BUT-THIS-PHOTO-MAKES-ME-LAUGH_June'19_Nathalie-DeSousa-2
To create this page, I pulled the Oh Happy Day collection from Simple Stories and cut one of the collection’s papers to fit the size of my Life Crafted album (Citrus Twist Kits). The idea was to create a fun border for the pages, so I used the Cascading Hearts Border crafting die to create the edges of the layout.
2---TT_I-LOVE-YOUR-SMILE-BUT-THIS-PHOTO-MAKES-ME-LAUGH_June'19_Nathalie-DeSousa_close-ups-3
In addition, I used the Cascading Hearts Border Crafting Die to detail another strip of paper (same collection) so that I could use it to create the title of the page on the other side of my layout. Here I used a combination of the Laugh and Smile Stamp Set and the coordinating dies to create an elaborate title for this layout.
3---TT_I-LOVE-YOUR-SMILE-BUT-THIS-PHOTO-MAKES-ME-LAUGH_June'19_Nathalie-DeSousa_close-ups
For the title, I used some black ink to create two sentiment boxes on white cardstock using the Laugh and Smile Stamp set. These were fussy cut and popped with foam adhesive on the page. The Layered Laugh crafting die and Layered Smile crafting die sets were used to create the script “Smile” and “Laugh” words twice from metallic black paper. This were stacked together, and then glued on the page to complete my title, so that it reads, “I LOVE YOUR SMILE, but THIS PHOTO MAKES ME LAUGH”.
4---TT_I-LOVE-YOUR-SMILE-BUT-THIS-PHOTO-MAKES-ME-LAUGH_June'19_Nathalie-DeSousa_close-ups-2
To balance the title, I chose to add the picture at a mirror position and then added a few clusters around it. I chose to use the words, “smile” and “laugh” from the Laugh and Smile Stamp set at the bottom of the picture to emphasize the sentiment of the page. Some of the negative heart pieces were then glued to the layout to bring some extra color pops.


The Laugh and Smile stamps are sure to become a staple on my collection. They are part of the Memory Keeper Studio Collection. Make sure to check them out on the Technique Tuesday shop. As always, please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. Thank you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment