Jun 5, 2019

EVERYDAY DOCUMENTING - Citrus Twist Kits



Hi there!
Nathalie with you today.   I am hoping you all have had the time to take a look at this month's AROUND HERE kit, the Add-on kit and all the Add-on Stamps.   Aren't they all amazing?!  Well, today, I want to show you a more in depth look at some of this items by creating a few entries for my May Life Crafted album.




The new This is Life - ROUTINE stamp set is versatile and perfect for many different documenting formats.  I chose to use it to create the film strips that form the background for an entry in my Life Crafted album.




I pulled Distress Oxides to match the colors in this month's  AROUND HERE kit and then created the film strips by repeating the stamp.   I left a small space between each film strip to add the title and date.  Those lovely foam stickers in this month's kit are so awesome and perfect size for the  album - i need to purchase a few more of this-.




For the other side of my layout, i printed one of the digital TN papers to be the same size of the Page insert (5x8.25in) and then placed my picture strip right on it.   I  used embellishments from the kit ans also from the cut apart elements sheet available for free to subscribers or for purchase at the CTK Digital shop.




To tie the two sides of the layout together, i chose to use the This is Life -ROUTINE stamp to create a small film slide.  This was fussy cut and then i used the white space in the center to add my lines of journal.   Love how this turned out, and all the color used to document a few fun pictures of my daughter and i.




Since we are talking stamps, then you want to make sure you add one of the 3x4 Typewriter Alpha stamp to your collection. The size of these alphas are great to add them to pocket pages, or in my case to build the title for my layout.




This month's Add-on Kit is amazing, and i love how versatile it can be.   For my layout, i pulled one of the new page protector (Protector #2) configurations, so that i could use some of the cut apart cards from the Pinkfresh Studio paper included in the kit. 






I kept the pockets pretty simple, but makes sure to play with the circle, arrows and accents of yellow to make sure these two create a coherent look on the spread.





To balance the spread, i cut a piece of one of the Pinkfresh Studio papers -included in the add-on kit- to build the background.  The large 6 alpha from the Maggie Holmes Sunny Days collection was the inspiration for this page.   I build a small cluster of ephemera and cut aparts making sure they matched the colors in the spread.




Here is where i used the TYPEWRITER stamp to complete the title around the number (Toronto is known as the "6") .   The font is perfect to match all the fonts around the page, and since they are individual alphas, you can shape your title around any area.  The following video will show you how it all came together:




Remember to check all the new stamps that are available this month, if you miss adding them with your kit,  it is ok, all CTK stamps are shipped for free!  If you have questions on how this came together, please do not hesitate to contact me!


XO


No comments:

Post a Comment