Jul 11, 2018

Summer Days


Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd  - SUMMER DAYS  -





hi there!

It is time for a new project for Scrapbook Nerd.  This week our focus is on the many free digital cut files the stores offers.  So with summer in full swing here in Toronto, I chose to use an image from the "Let The Sunshine In" cut file to create the background of this page.






First I chose to only use the large circle image, so i sized it to fit on half the  page.   To have the cut our pop on the page, I chose to add some Vicki Boutin art crayons (watercolor) to the background of the page.



While the background dried, I backed the cut out using papers from Simple Stories' "Hello Summer" collection and a bit of foam adhesive to create a bit of dimension on the cut out.






Once the picture was added, I went ahead and used stickers and ephemera from the collection to frame the picture and add a visual triangle to the page.



To finish, I trimmed a bit of the layout, and added a strip of rainbow to the page, a few black ink drops, and lines of journal. LOVE how this turned out  The colors are just perfect for the season, and the selfie of my kids and i wearing shades.

Remember to stop by Scrapbook Nerd to check all the free cut files available, and all the materials used in this page.


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment