Jul 25, 2018

I Love Summer


Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd - I LOVE SUMMER -




Hi there!

Hope you all are enjoying your summer/winter!...  Today's project is for Scrapbook Nerd, and it is all based on Summer, and its colors.



I started with some Vicki Boutin acrylic paint and gesso to create the colored triangle shape on the page.  Once it dried, i used some gess and a Kaisercraft stencil to create the spinwheel/firework image on the backgroud. The  background  was finished with some gold ink droplets.







I took advantage of the shape of the background to create a large cluster of ephemera, chipboard stickers, and  some paper layers along the vertical line of the picture.   I used all the colors in the new Echo Park  Good Day Sunshine collection to bring Summer to this picture of my daughter at the beach resort in Ecuador.




To accent the shape of the background,  the page was trimmed about half an inch per side, and then glued to one of the papers of the collection.   A small slit was created on the half point of the vertical side;  the edges were turned in, as to reveal a bit of the background.  The fold was then used to hung a banner that serves as the title of this page.




I love how this turned out. The colors and feel of the page are perfect for Summer, and the  picture of my daughter. 

Stop by Scrapbook Nerd to check all the materials used in this page, and remember that you can always contact me  if you have any questions on how this came together.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment