May 6, 2018

NSD - CTK challenge


Scrapbook Layout created for Citrus Twist Kits  - POOL FUN -




Hi there!

Welcome to my blog, and Happy 2nd or 3rd day of iNSD (it has been a fun weekend!)   I am so excited to take part in this year's Citrus Twist Kits NSD festivities.  So many challenges and inspiration being shared on their Facebok Fans page, and now it is our turn -Jennie is my partner in this challenge- to host the Mixed Media challenge.



I was so happy to receive this challenge, what can I say, I love getting "messy" (wink wink) on my layouts. So i  pulled the beautiful and bold Malibu Scrapbook,and embellishment kits to create this page about my niece's love for the pool (trust me whenever she visits we spent lots of hours in the backyard pool)



I wanted to bring splashes of water to the page, so I chose to work on watercolor paper, and simply add splatters of watercolor and shimmer watercolor in different shades of blue to form the background of this page.





This month's kits feature Crate Paper's Wild Heart collection, and the patterns in the papers and ephemera are perfect to document all types of memories, especially summer ones.




So i just layered a few pieces of the papers behind the picture, and then added clusters of ephemera to the corners of the picture.   There are so many cool pieces in the main and Embellishment kits that it was so easy to put these clusters together.



To create the title, i simply added a bit of the water to the bottom corner of the page -diagonal to the picture- and then cut a strip of the background, and replace it with the beautiful Pineapple Crush paper that is included in the main kit.  The title was then formed using some of the die cuts, from the Wild Heart collection,  and the new Alpha Stamp (all subscribers who switch their account to the new website, and all new subscriber will receive or have already received it).




Just love the happy and summer feel of this page.  I went for simple but "messy"(wink, wink)  look for this page, and totally love it!

Now it is your turn to try adding a bit of mixed media to your next page, and then add your project to the CTK fans page on Facebook.

Now don't forget to join in the little bonus challenge - all you have to do is visit all the DT's blog or IG posts to collect their Blog Hop Bonus Word.  Pop into the CTK website to collect the daily word there. Once you have all 23 words, email the list to Trina, and you could be the winner of a $50 Gift certificate to the Store!

If you saw my wink wink, then you know my little word is "MESSY" because well, I like messy colorful backgrounds for my layout (i know not all of you are into magical messes, but i love them!)


Thank you so much for visiting my blog, and  i hope you have enjoyed this NSD weekend!  I cannot wait to see what colorful mess you create for your pages.

XOXO

Nathalie

No comments:

Post a Comment