Aug 3, 2016

Happy Easter


Scrapbook Layout - Happy Easter -


a close up of the layout


Hi there!,

I am trying to kill all the collections from my stash, as i need to make room for all the goodies that are on my way (trust me I have pre-order enough paper to wallpaper my apartment twice).  One of the collections I want to use up is Pink Paislee's Fancy Free collection (which i love, but couldn't get all the papers and add ons).   Since the colors of the collection remind me of happy times, I chose to use it to document a picture of my son and sister on Easter Day.


A little bit of machine stitching can add lots of texture, and dimension to a layout

I started by cutting  papers of the collection to 2x2in squares.  I lined them up, slightly slanted, on the mat, and proceeded to machine stitched them at about a quarter of an inch inside each square.  After they were all properly attached, I raised the edges of outer edges of the squares ( as seen on the picture).

black and white pictures are my to go choice as they lend to all color combination


I used papers from the collection to mat and layered the picture; all accents come from small clusters of ephemera, stickers and cut-outs.






For the title, I used a combination of Thickers and ephemera pieces.   I added my journal lines at the bottom of the page, and added some extra details.  Here is the final layout:






Though I love this collection, I also love all the new goodies coming my way, so I rather enjoy the pictures, and lovely  papers together.


Till next time. 

Happy Craftin'!



Materials Used:
Patterned papers -  Fancy Free collection #1, 2, 4,  6, 8, 9 - Pink Paislee
Ephemera, puffy stickers, letter Thickers - Fancy Free collection - Pink Paislee
Cork Hearts, ephemera - Cest La Vie collection - Pink Paislee
Puffy stickers - Bloom Collection - Crate Paper
MInc icons - Heidi Swapp collection
Puffy sequin stickers - Felicity collection - Pinkfresh Studio




No comments:

Post a Comment