Aug 9, 2016

Alll Roads Lead To Adventure


Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd's Silhouette Savvy Series - All Roads Lead To Adventure -



A close up of the layout.



Hello there!,
  
For this month's Silhouette Savvy Series at Scrapbook Nerd's blog, I was asked by a member of the Design Team, if i could show them how i used my Cameo to create a guideline for all the stitching i do on my layouts.   Though, i use different methods for stitching on a layout,  whenever I am creating a large background, or there is a lot of hand stitching,  I always set my Cameo to do all the work for me.  You can find the tutorial at the Scrapbook Nerd blog, or in my you tube channel. 


The stitched title on the layout - the tutorial on how to get this look can be found at Scrapbook Nerd blog -


For this layout, I chose to document a picture of my kids standing next to a direction post (it showed distances to different cities in the world from my hometown) in Ecuador.  I  chose this picture based on the title of the layout -created with the newest cut designed by The Cut Shoppe for Scrapbook Nerd, " The Wanderer"-  Please enjoy the video on how this layout came together:







I started the layout by stitching the title at the bottom of the layout.  I layered the mat with patterned papers from Pink Paislee's Outfitters collection.  To emphasize the idea of direction, and to add texture, i cut little notches  and fold the papers.  A little bit of machine stitching helps to set the folds, and showcase the papers.


a close up to the layered mat.


The picture was matted, and layered with  the same papers.   A little mixed media helps to continue the distress look, along with pieces of ephemera from the same collection.





This time, I chose to add the journal lines around the entire mat frame.   Here is the final layout:





I really enjoyed working on this layout.   For more information on how the title was build visit the Scrapbook Nerd's blog.   As always let me know if you want more information on how the project came together.

See you soon!


Materials Used:
Cut files - The Wanderer,  Beach Bound - Scrapbook Nerd.
Patterned papers - Outfitters collection, # 8,#9 -  Pink Paislee
American Crafts white cardstock
Ephemera, leather pieces, stickers -  Outfitters collection, Pink Paislee
Wood pieces - Healthy Hello collection - Jillibean Soup
Color Shine - butter, navy, rose, mustard - Heidi Swapp
Liquitex clear Gesso






No comments:

Post a Comment