Aug 26, 2016

Always Together


Scrapbook Layout  - Always Together -


a close up of the layout


Hello there!,


All my pre-orders for the new collections are trickling in, and I am still trying to put a dent on my stash.  This time, I have chosen to work with Fancy Pants's "Good Fellow" collection to document  a picture of my family and in-laws on Father's Day.


A close up to the hand-stitched  background.


To create the background, I used the Cut Shoppe's Peace Out cut file to cut the circles out of the different papers on the collection.  Once cut, I glued the pieces onto white cardstock, making sure to alternate the patterns on each circle.  Using a piercing tool, the entire edge of each circle was marked to create a stitching pattern for each circle.  I chose to alternate the colors of embroidery floss used in each circle.



A close  up to the layout

Once the background was done, the picture was attached to the center of the layout.  A few clusters of stickers, cut outs and chipboard pieces were used to create clusters around the picture.  The rosette used in the layout was made with scraps from papers used in a previous layout.




For the title, I used the Alphas that were included in the collection kit.  Though the color is lighter that what i would have gone for,  I like that the tone matches the page perfectly.



the final layout



To finish the page,  added a few details around the edge of the page, and a few lines about when and where the picture was taken.

I really hope you like the layout,  I am off to keep using the last few days of summer break documenting my summer adventures.

See you around!!


Materials Used:
Patterned Papers - Good Fellows collection,  Fancy Pants Designs
Puffy stickers, and Alphas - Good Fellows collection, Fancy Pants Designs
Chipboard Stickers - Soft Spoken collection,  MAMBI
Stickers - Better Together collection, Amy Tangerine - American Crafts
Rub-on Sticker - Better Together collection, Amy Tangerine - American Crafts
Cork Heart sticker - Cest La Vie collection - Pink Paislee
Rosette - Patterned paper from Heart Collection - Simple Stories




No comments:

Post a Comment