Sep 12, 2018

Hello Friend


Scrapbook Layout created for Vicki Boutin DT  -  HELLO FRIEND  -




Hi there!  Nathalie back with you today to show you a new project created using the super beautiful “FIELD NOTES” collection.   By now, hopefully, all of you have received the collection and are ready to work some awesome projects with it.   Well, for today’s project I was inspired by a rainbow, and all those pretty butterflies in the “Take Flight” paper.




I love Vicki’s art crayons, and to create the background of this piece, I decided to use three crayons from the  Neutral set only.  My thought was to create a simple background, so that both picture and butterflies will be the focus of the page.




Using a gessoed foundation as a base, I used the three crayons to give the background a very neutral watercolor background.  I tried at best to keep the mixed media to the center of the page!




Once the watercolor had dried, the new “Ink Spill” stencil was used  to add a bit more interest to the background.   Using the same crayons and the stencil brush, I started to add the circle watermark stencil impressions to the page.  I chose to move the stencil a bit so that I can chose where each of the circles was placed.




Before adding the butterflies to the page, I used one of the New Stamps to add a few details to the background. My idea was to color block the layout  in a rainbow fashion – so I pulled both ink , so that the butterflies would follow that path.



I attached the fussy cut butterflies to the page using a bit of glue and then adding a bit of stitching through the center of each of them.  Along the way I added  a few stickers from the Field Notes collection trying at best to color block the arrangement of butterflies and embellishments.




To add a bit of interest to the picture, I created a cluster at the top left corner of the picture using some watercolor stickers, ephemera pieces and some stamped images.





I am in love with the black puffy thickers in the collection, so I chose to add the title of this page using one of the phrases.   A few lines of journal and a few drops of gold color shine complete this page.




I love how this turned out.   The neutral background is packed with small details that allows the fussy cut butterflies to shine.  The following video will show you how this came together:




That is all for me today.  I hope you all are enjoying the new Field Notes collection, I cannot wait to see what you create with it!!!
XO





Materials used:
Foundation paper
Gesso
Art Crayon – neutral set
Color Wheel ink pad – cool and warm sets
Watercolor brushes
All the Good Things collection – cardstock stickers
Field Notes collection – 12x12 paper pad, ephemera pack, black puffy phrase stickers, watercolor stickers, Stamp and Die set, Ink Spill stencil set



No comments:

Post a Comment