Sep 5, 2018

Simply Amazing


Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd   - SIMPLY AMAZING -





Hi there!

It is stamping week at Scrapbook Nerd.  The DT was asked to create projects using stamps and stamping techniques.  Well, I am kind of a stamp hoarder, so this was a super fun challenge to complete.




I started by creating the background for my flowers.  For this i used Distress Oxides - I believe there are about 10 to 12 colors here - to create the watercolor look of the flowers.  Once it was dried, I used both of Vicki Boutin's flower stamp and die set and black Archival ink to create all the flowers that will be used in this page.




To construct this page, I cut a piece of paper from the Fleur collection from Kaisercraft, as i wanted a neutral tone that was not white, and stitched it to the center of the page,   Next I used a bit of Vicki Boutin Art Crayon to add color to the areas where the flowers will be clustered.




Using a combination of both stamp sets, I added the branches to the background using Distress Ink, and then proceeded to use foam adhesive to create dimension in the cluster of flowers. 





I added the picture of my daughter (backed with vellum and a paper from the collection) to the center of the page.  Here, i used a few stickers from the Fleur collection to add interest and break up the flower cluster a bit.  A few stamped sentiments were also added using the Good Vibes collection stamp set and black ink.



To complete this page, i trimmed a bit of the bottom of the page, and added a border from the Fleur collection, and then created a cluster using the stamped flowers, and pieces from the collection.  Here is the final page:




I love how this turned out, the flowers are the perfect complement to the picture of my smiling daughter.  Remember to stop by Scrapbook Nerd to check for all the materials used in this layout.  As always do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions on how this was put together.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment