Jul 28, 2016

Reading Queen


Scrapbook Layout  - Reading Queen -  created for Scrapbook Nerd


a close up of the title of the layout.



hello everyone,

It is my reveal week at Scrapboook Nerd ;  and i was inspired by @heyelsie (her IG name) and her love for creting figures with paper and handstitching -two of my favorite techniques-.     At the same time, I had pictures of my niece reading books on my son's bunk bed (this is what she does everytime she comes over), so I decided to combine both to create a soft layout.





For the layout, i used this illustration as my starting point for the look I wanted to achieve.  The entire drawing was transferred onto trace paper (just using a pencil and bright light).   I chose all Crate Paper's Bloom collection to recreate the books, and add softness to the layout.  Each little silhouette was traced onto the paper and glued into position following the illustration on trace paper (it looked like a big puzzle).




Once everything was glued to the mat, i used a paper piercer to make perforation along the edges of each line in the illustration.  There were a few hours of hand stitching adding the details to the books.  In addition, I used my Cameo to draw the title, so I can also hand stitch it at the same time.  I used ivory thread to complete the look.
Here is a look at the pieces coming together.


I used parts of the branding strips to create the names on the book's binding.


Using the Illustration as a guideline, I placed my picture where the cat illustration was located.  I added a few pieces of ephemera around so that it adds some interest to the picture.


I recreated the bookmark using some crochet floss, a charm and gold links..


I wanted to add interest to the books' spines, so I fussy cut pieces of the collection to add 'names' on the books.  I used some hand stitching to  attached the pieces to the layout.


This little cut-outs served to add details on the layout.


To finish the page, I added the journal notes at thee bottom of the page, and a few drops of Blush colorshine.  Here is the final layout:


this layout is soft and sweet..



I love the final look of this layout,  one of my favorites by far (though it took some time to create, I enjoyed putting it together).

As always let me know if you have any questions.

See you soon!!


Materials Used:
Patterned papers -Afternoon, Delighted, Little Bird, Sunlit, Lizzy, Sweet Rose - Bloom Collection, Crate Paper
Wood Pieces,  Fancy Free collection, Pink Paislee
Ephemera, clear stickers, puffy stickers, Bloom Collection, Crate Paper
Ephemera, C'est La Vie collection, Pink Paislee
Word Phrase Stickers, Felicity collection, Pinkfresh Studio
Colorshine -Blush-  Heidi Swapp










No comments:

Post a Comment