May 6, 2016

MOM


Scrapbook Layout   created for National Scrapbooking Day  2016  -Mom-



A close up of the layout's details


Hello everyone!


I hope that all of you are getting out all your scrapbooking supplies to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day.   I will be working on many different projects today, all related to scrapbooking, of course.  Today, the ladies at Scrapbook Nerd will also be hosting their first physical crop - unfortunately i cannot attend the crop -, so I have volunteered to help with today's celebrations.

Since Mother's Day is happening tomorrow, we thought that issuing a challenge all about mom would be fitting for both dates.   My challenge is all about using a picture of you with your mom and a large title in a scrapbook layout.

My choice is to create a cut-file that spells the word "MOM".   This will allow me to place the picture in the center of  the page as part of  the large title.  To form the title, I cut the title 3 times (2 in kraft card board, and one in white cardstock).  This will make sure that the title has dimension, and creates a shadow on the patterned paper is being used to back it up.



The extra layers behind the title do also help reinforce the thin cuts,
and avoid having to cut small pieces of foma tape.



Once the tile was ready,  I chose a picture to back the letter O, and Fancy Pants' Attwell  collection papers for the rest of the cut file.






I chose a dark mat for this layout as  a way to highlight the picture and large title.    In order to add interest to the page, I penciled a large heart in the center of the mat, and proceeded to stamp and emboss in white pearl color a series of flower stamps on the outside of  the heart.


the subtle look of the embossed stamps gives the backgrond a  small shine
and lots of interest.



After placing the title in the center of the heart.  I fussy cut the abstract flowers from Fancy Pants' Attwell collection (I am loving this paper), and  placed them at opposite sides of the picture inside the letter 'O'.



I used word stickers in between the flowers, and puffy stickers from the
Attwell collection from Fancy Pants.



I didn't want to add much more embelishmet to the page, as i wanted the title, picture and flowers to be the highlights of  the layout.  A few lines of journal to the top left corner of the heart completed this layout.


The completed layout.


I love this layout.   It has already been framed and sits on our home's sofa table.

I hope you like it,  and decide to participate on this challenge.  So go look for a picture of you and your mom, and create a layout using 'MOM' as the title and highlight of the page.

I look forward to seeing all your creations.



Materials Used:
Mat, Navy Cardstock, Bazzil
Stamp, Hero Arts
Embossing Powder,  Translucent Pearl, Recollections, Michael's
Patterned papers,  Attwell collection, Fancy Pants
Word stickers, Felicity Collection, Pink Fresh Studio
Puffy Stickers, Attwelll collection, Fancy Pants.








No comments:

Post a Comment