Jan 20, 2016

Say Cheese!


Scrapbook Layout  - Say Cheese! -


I love looking at different websites and blogs for inspiration.  Last week I found a free printable file in the Paper Issues store, and knew right away that i was gonna use it to create a layout for a picture of my daughter's Christmas selfie.  


This colorful cameras were cut-out of the printable file from Paper Issues.
I printed two copies of the file, as I knew I wanted a lot of cameras for this layout


First I printed two copies  the file from Paper Issues on matte photo paper, and then cut all the cameras out.   I backed and layered the photo with patterned paper from Crate Paper, and one of the printable cards from the file.  Once I started assembling the layout, I realized that i need to create dimension to the cameras, so I used foam dots in different thicknesses, and some got a layer of used tissue paper to add some lift to the cut out (i used the same technique with the picture).



The folded tissue paper was folded and glued to the back of the cut-out.
Glue dots and foam dots were used to add dimension.


Once I set the picture and the cards I added some ephemera and stickers to the top left of the picture, I kept it simple to find some balance to the layout.  I used strips of paper from the Pink Paislee Memorandum collection, and a label from My Mind's Eye for my journaling.


One more cut-out from the print file to bring the layout together..




Finally I used some chipboard letters and one of my stamps to create a title, a few drops of Smooch spritz and the layout was done... My daughter and I love it...



The complete layout


Materials used:
  • Cardstock (natural),  Recollections from Michaels
  • Patterned paper, Pink Paislee Memorandum Collection & Crate Paper Hello Love collection.\
  • Print-file from Paper Issues
  • Label from My MInd's Eye
  • Stickers and ephemera,  Heidi Swapp, Echo Park, The Happy Planner & Mambi
  • Chipboard letters, Heidi Swapp and Thickers (Journal Collection)
  • Smooch Spritzer in Coal
  • Stamp,  Recollections from Michaels



No comments:

Post a Comment