Scrapbook Layout - Be Your Own Kind of Awesome -
It is hard -for me- to scrap pictures of my teenage son. I am still trying to figure out why, but this week I had these pictures of my son that needed to be put in a layout (he is going through the teen phase that hates cameras).. Here is my creative process...
I used the Geometric Graffiti Cut file from the Cut Shoppe to create a basis for the pictures. I chose black card stock because i wanted the pictures and title to stand out. Then I used a Juliana Michaels' cut file exclusive to the Big Picture Classes named Be Your Kind Of Awesome for the title (if you are a subscriber, check out this class) out of watercolor paper (use the double cut function to create crisp edges). I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut both files.
|Bottom part of the layout.|
I stitched with black floss the cut-out to the paper (I am not that good with the sewing machine). At the same time I used Gold Coloshine mixed with a bit of water to paint the title - it gives it a subtler look-. I used MME's Cut and Paste collection to back and layer the picture. The stickers and ephemera were placed strategically not to crowd the pictures or the title.
|It was a bit tricky to stitch around the triangles, as not all ends meet at corners|
I hope you like it...
|The Final Layout|
Featured in the Big Picture Classes blog and its Instagram account.
- Cut file, Geometric Graffiti, The Cut Shoppe
- Black Cardstock, Recollections, Michaels
- Cut file (title), Be Your Own Kind of Awesome, Juliana Michaels -Big Picture Classes -subscription exclusive-
- Water color paper, Strathmore
- Patterned paper, Amy Tangerine's Stiched collection
- Patterned paper for pictures, Cut & Paste - Flair, My Mind's Eye
- Stickers, Heidi Swapp
- Chipboard Stickers, Soft Spoken, Me and My Big Ideas
- Ephemera, Something Gold Collection, My Mind's Eye
- Tag, label & ephemera, Heidi Swapp MInc Collection
- Colorshine Gold, Heidi Swapp