Jan 18, 2016

My Favorite Pair

Scrapbook Layout  - My Favorite Pair -


My weekends are usually a combination of soccer, shopping and craft time...

This time I used Shimelle's True Stories collection to highlight the picture of my daughter and my Starbucks red coffee cup...  I started by creating a shimmery watercolor background  with red, gray and black.   The patterned paper was then cut into strips with a diagonal edge and glued down at the bottom page of the layout.



A quick glance at the background created for the layout.


Next I used the same patterned papers to back and layer the picture.  I used cut-outs from the Pebbles' Happy Day collection, simple tags  (from Michaels), and stickers from the Simple Stories I am collection.  I reserved a Starbucks gift card (Christmas red cup shape) and used it to complete my "pair".


The gift card worked to highlight the cup which is out of focus on the picture



Finally, I used a  tag from Aunthentique paper collection to jot down my journal.  I added the logo from a red Starbucks cup and a chipboard sticker from a Mambi Chalkboard collection to finish.

The journaling details

I am believer in safeguarding  (my husband calls it hoarding)  pieces of  paper or memorabilia that have a significance to me; in this case I asked my barista to give us a couple extra cups and a few gift cards ( we are regular customers), and they were very 
generous with us...   Here is the completed layout:


The finished layout



Materials used:
  • Patterned paper.  Shimelle's True Stories collection
  • Cut Outs,  Pebbles' Happy Day Collection
  • Stickers,  Simple Stories' I Am collection
  • Ephemera,  Simple Stories' Snap -Gold pocket cards,  Starbucks
  • Labels & Tags, Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment