Feb 24, 2018

Crafty Girl


Scrapbook Layout created for Simple Stories  - CRAFTY GIRL -





Hi there!

I am up at the Simple Stories blog with the last project for the 2017-2018 DT term, and i wanted to use one of my favorite collections, CRAFTY GIRL, to document a picture of my daughter and her passion for crafting!






It all started with this background created using Vicki Boutin's markers on a gessoed surface.  I love the subtle rainbow that it created for the background.





Next it was all about creating the focal point of this page - a large title -.  For this i used the Cut Shoppe's cut file, and used vellum and papers from the collection to back all the empty spaces.






This collection is packed with so many awesome stickers, chipboard stickers and die cuts, that i had to combined in clusters around the page.






Finally, I added the picture of my daughter to the page, and added another cluster of ephemera to bring the eye to the picture, and to emphasize the sentiment of  the page.     To finish the page, I trimmed the background, and adhere it to one of the papers from the collection.  Here is the final layout:




The lines of journal will be added once it comes back to me from Creativation.   Once you see this paper collection, you will also want it to be part of your projects, so check Crafty Girl from Simple Stories.

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment