Sep 25, 2016

My Girl


Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd  - My Girl -





Hello there,

This is my reveal week at Scrapbook Nerd.  This month, i was inspired by simplicity, white space, and black and white pictures, in no particular order.
For my first project, I am using the Crate Paper's Cute Girl collection (which i purchased to document my young niece, but am using in other projects, too).


The background of the layout.



The cut-out was created with a Paige Evans design for Studio Calico.   I chose to back each square with papers from the collection (using the 6x6 paper pad), and different color vellum.   



My daughter.

I chose to anchor the layout with this picture of my daughter.  I created a small cluster around the picture with pieces from the collection.







To balance the piece, I added a small cluster on the opposite side (diagonally) of the picture.  I pulled some pieces from the collection, and a few from Crate Paper's Hello Love collection.




Finally, I matted the cut-out on a paper from the collection, and added my journal lines  at the bottom of the page.

I really love the color contrast on this page, and how the picture is highlighted without much decor.   IF you wish to order all the materials used on this layout, please visit Scrapbook Nerd.  Joy and Barb will help you with any order.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  

See you all tomorrow!



Materials Used:
Cut file designed by Paige Evans for Studio Calico
Patterned paper: 6x6 paper pad- Cute Girl collection - Crate Paper
Patterned paper -Cheery -Cute Girl collection - Crate Paper
Vellum - Hello Love collection, Cute Girl collection -Crate Paper
               White, Pink - American Crafts
Chipboard Stickers - Hello Love collection, and Cute Girl collection - Crate Paper
Puffy Stickers -  Bloom collection , and Cute Girl collection - Crate Paper
Card stock stickers - Cute Girl collection - Crate Paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment