Sep 5, 2016

Made To Roam


Scrapbook Layout   - Made to Roam -

Hello there!,  
I hope you are all enjoying this Labour Day weekend.   My kids, as i am typing this, are prepping their backpacks for the new school year.  As of tomorrow, they will be both high schoolers!!!  -where has time gone-, but  this is a topic for another time.  






I have so many summer pictures to document, and in my hopes to reduce my stash, i decided to use Ashley Horton's sketch for Hip Kit club to create a layout about our many road trips.  I am also using this layout to complete a challenge from Scrapbook Nerd's Summer camp.  For this layout,  I used different papers from Pink Paislee's Outfitters collection to create the banners.   I secure them all with a few lines of machine stitching.




After the banner was secured to the page,  i added a picture of me while enjoying one of our roadtrips along with a few stickers. cut-outs and ephemera pieces from the collection.  For the title, I chose to use one of the collection's banners, and secured it to the picture by using a small wood veneer , and some glue.





I added a small cluster of pieces from the collection at the bottom, and secure them all with a few sewing machine stitches.   I used one of the cut apart cards to add my lines of journal on the bottom of the page.  To complete the page, I used some color shine to add some ink splatters around the page.  Here is the completed layout:






I really love the simplicity of the layout, but all the small details that are hidden around the banners.

Now, I am off to clean my house, before my vacation starts tomorrow.

Take care!!



Materials Used:
Patterned Papers, #1, 2, 8, 9, 10 - Outfitter's collection - Pink Paislee
Ephemera, stickers - Outfitter's collection - Pink Paislee
Badges, Banners - Outfitter's collection - Pink Paislee
Wood Veneer - Fur Fusion collection - Jillibean Soup


No comments:

Post a Comment