Oct 9, 2016

Sisters -SN


Scrapbook Layout  created for Scrapbook Nerd  - SISTERS -



a close up of the layout.


Hello everyone!,

First of all Happy Thanksgivings to you all!!  It is Thanksgivings here in Canada, which means we have a long weekend, and I have eaten too much this weekend.  
I have been asked to continue designing for Scrapbook Nerd for another term, so I will continue working hand in hand with them until March (maybe longer than that, only God knows;  but i love Barb and Joy the owners of the store).

For this month's reveal, I was inspired with all things girly (though I have made quite a few boy layouts, they are coming soon to the blog!), i was drawn to pink, hearts, and the beautiful girls in my world.  



I had picked Crate Paper's Cute Girl collection from the Scrapbook Nerd store to work on documenting my niece's younger years, but i have used it in other projects, too.  For today's project I used the  Cut Shoppe's Open Your heart cut file to create my background.  I used one of the papers from the collection, backed the empty spaces using the 6x6 paper pad, and vellum.  I stitched a bit along the center line of the hearts.





Since the cut-out was attached on a slant, small strips of papers from the collection were also attached to the bottom of the page.




The beautiful cardstock stickers were so beautiful, and i used them as a way to repeat the theme of the page.  I placed them at the bottom left corner of the layout, were all the ink splatters start from.





For the title, i used some of the puffy stickers from the collection,  I accented the word, by adding a small tag, and one of the tassels from the collection.






This is one of the few pictures that survived from my childhood.  I edited the picture to take away all the noise and distress, and converted it to black and white.    All the clusters around the page come from the Cute Girl collection.    Here is the final layout:





This layout was inspired by the beautiful papers in the collection.   Though i purchased it to document my niece, I had to use it for this picture of my childhood.  Here is a small video on how the project came together:








Thanks for visiting today, and don't forget to check Scrapbook Nerd store,  There is always new things being stocked in the store,

See you soon!


Materials Used:
Cut File - Open Your Heart - The Cut Shoppe
Patterned papers - Sassy, Rainbows, Be You, Sisters, Cute Girl - Cute Girl collection - Crate Paper
6x6 paper pad - Cute Girl collection - Crate Paper
Chipboard sticker, puffy sticker, wood veneer, tassel, vellum, ephemera - Cute Girl - Crate Paper
Color Shine mists -sweet mint, pink, amethyst, gold - Heidi Swapp collection.






No comments:

Post a Comment