Oct 9, 2016

Hello Fall


Scrapbook Layout created for The Cut Shoppe   - HELLO FALL -




Hello there!

Today, I am on the Cut Shoppe's blog with this layout that highlights my love for AUTUMN.   When Ashley shared with us the upcoming cut-files, i knew that the "Leaf Pile" background was going to be a great background.





To start, i altered the 8.5x11in cut file a bit - so that it fit into a 12x12 mat -, and deleted the details in every other leaf, as I wanted to add stitching instead. I cut the file on cream card-stock, and used watercolors and mists to try and recreate the colors of the leaves.




I used vellum to back the leaves the leaves's cutout, and a  multicolor  embroidery floss to stitch the design inside the leaves.  I love the contrast and softness on the page.   The entire background was then adhered to a Simple Stories Wood grain paper using adhesive foam ( i love the dimension on the page).




For the title,  pulled some toner paper, and used my MInc machine to foil it rose-gold. I used the Oakley Ave.  cut file to create the title for  the page, making sure that the letters showed the ombre color effect (just like the leaves).





I kept the details on the picture rather simple (this was the first leaf i found in the fall).  I pulled as many ephemera pieces i could find from my stash, and most come from Simple Stories' Life in Color collection.  Here is the final layout:





Not that i am biased, but i love this layout.  I love that it combines my style to a tee;  it combines cut files, there is watercolor, stitching, vellum, foil, and simple details on picture.  I hope you like it, too. Don't forget to visit the Cut Shoppe's Etsy store to pick these and the many more new cut files that are always added to the store.

Thanks for visiting today.

See you all soon!


Materials Used:
Cut files - The Cut Shoppe - 


Vanilla card stock - American Crafts
white vellum
Shimmer watercolor palette - Artist Loft - Michael's
Color shine mists - green, mustard, raspberry, cherry, tea - Heidi Swapp
4x6 Toner paper - MInc Collection - Heidi Swapp
Rose-gol foil paper - MInc collection - Heidi Swapp
Patterned paper -  Elm/Cream - Sn@p basics collection - Simple Stories
Stickers, ephemera, cardstock stickers - Life in Color collection - Simple Stories
Card stock stickers - We Are... Family collection - Simple Stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment