Oct 12, 2016

Always Believe Something Wonderful is About To Happen!



Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd -  Always Believe Something Wonderful is About to Happen!  -





Hello!,


It is Wednesday already, it is amazing how fast time is passing.   I think each day, i feel the weight of the years a little bit more as i see my kids, now teens, grow up a little bit more.   I wish i could bottle the time, and keep them little, but it doesn't work that way; so the best i can do is try to guide through their life.   With that idea in mind, i created this project for Scrapbook Nerd that voices my feelings to my daughter.




I was inspired by this title cut file from the Silhouette store (Rhonna Farrer designs), and the colors in the new Simple Stories's Reset Girl collection (you can find the paper and all add ons at the Scrapbook Nerd store).   I set my Cameo to perforate the title, so I could stitch it all with this very pale brown embroidery floss.







Once it was all stitched, a little bit of watercolor brings out all the details in the cut file,  I decided to fussy cut one of the papers in the 6x6 pad, and gathered all this small flowers.  I glued them along some of the letters of the cut file.





I love these pictures of my daughter, so I resize to fit into a photo strip collage using Photoshop.  I  layered  the pictures with papers from the collection, and fussy cut some flowers and elements of the papers to create the clusters around the picture.  Here is the final layout:






The end product of this thinking process is beautiful, and i really enjoyed the softness and colors in this rather simple layout.   I hope you draw some inspiration, and check what the ladies at Scrapbook Nerd are acquiring for the store.

Thanks for visiting, today!

see you all soon!


Materials Used:
Cut file -Rhonna Farrer design -Silhouette Store
Patterned papers - Reset Girl 12x12 collection,  Reset Girl 12x12 basic collection, Reset Girl 6x6 paper pad -Simple Stories
Patterned paper -mat - We are Family basic collection - Simple Stories
Stickers, epehemera - Reset Girl Collection - Simple Stories
Watercolor palette- Decadent Pies - Prima
Cork heart sticker - Cest La Vie collection - Pink Paislee







No comments:

Post a Comment