Mar 15, 2024

EASTER FAMILY FUN - Doodlebug Design

Time is passing so fast, and we are all getting ready to celebrate Easter!   Though my kids are not little anymore, I still have so many memories of all the times they loved all things bunny for this holiday.  So, I pulled a few pictures and the fun BUNNY HOP collection to create this layout.



 I wanted to pull colors and patterns to my layout, so the idea of creating a sunburst design just popped in my mind.




I pulled some 12x12 paper pieces and 6x6 Paper Pad pieces, and trimmed them into long triangles.   I made sure that I had two of each  -for most of them-, and then started playing with them to create   the formation you see in the photo..




I set them on white cardstock, making sure that they sat on the top right quarter of the page.   I used a bit of foam adhesive to raise the ends of each triangle; this help to separate them bringing texture, dimension and interest to the page.






I added one of the border stickers to the edge of the sunburst formation, this helps to encase the papers. Then, I set the photos at the junction of all the paper tips ( the photos are framed with a paper from the 6x6 paper pad).   I added a few stickers to the top left corner of the photos  following the line of the paper strips.





To balance the page, I am using the bottom left quarter of the page to create my title.  Here I mixed pieces from the Chit Chat pack and a few stickers. I made sure that the title was long so it sat under the photos.  I added  a few Sprinkles throughout the page, making sure they helped to bring your eye to specific areas of the page.





I love how this turned out, and it was so much fun to play with paper for this design. I hope it inspires you to use the BUNNY HOP collection for your next project!


XO



.

Instagram | Blog | YouTube 


SUPPLIES

Bunny Hop Collection

Bunny Hop Coordinating Cardstock

 Sprinkles









No comments:

Post a Comment