May 6, 2021

SUMMER -FUN IN THE SUN- --- Simple Stories


 Hello  friends!

  I am totally in love with the new SUNKISSED collection.  It is one of the newest releases from Simple Stories, and it is juts Summer perfection!  The colors and patterns are bright, fun, modern, and oh so beautiful!  And well, since we are still in lockdown here in Canada, it was perfect to have a pop of happiness to work with... 



I love Simple Stories patterned papers! It is the detail in the pattern that usually inspires me to create my pages.  This time, the waves in the Make A Splash paper were the starting point for my layout.   First, I enlarged and printed the picture of my daughter.  Then, I  used a plate to draw a circle on a piece of white cardstock, glued my picture to the top part of the circle, and then cut off the circle.



 Next, I fussy cut a few of the waves of the paper, ruffled the edges a bit, and then glued them to the bottom part of the circle.  Finally, I trim all the excess waves from the edge of the circle.  



 

I framed the photo with a circle of white cardstock, and attached this to the center of the 3x4 Elements paper.   I  pulled the sun icon from the cardstock elements from the Sunny Days Simple Pages kit (it was larger than the ones in the regular kit). I slipped the sun as if peeking from behind the top left corner of the circle and then added a few clouds and phrase stickers around it.



 

I wanted to keep the focus on the circle element of the page.  So, I set my title at the bottom of it. I used a few of the Foam Stickers to form my title, then added embellishments from the ephemera icons, sticker tablet, journaling bits as if forming a horizontal line at the same level as the  title.

The floaties icons are so cute, I couldn't resist adding one as if floating  between the waves.  Then just used a few of the enamel dots to accent the wave pattern on the photo.



I love when my ideas mingle with the paper design, and together they turn to a gorgeous page.   I am sure you are going to love the new SUNKISSED collection,  it will have you dreaming of those nice Summer Days.  


XO




No comments:

Post a Comment