Nov 5, 2019

BUT FIRST COFFEE - Just Nick Studio





Hello there!
Nathalie with you today with a new layout that is all about my devotion/addiction to coffee.   Every time i get a new coffee mug, i always take a selfie with it, and this new mug is probably a new favorite and large enough to hold 2 cups of coffee at once :)  .. So, just imagine how happy it made me to see the new Just Nick Studio cut files, just perfect for this page!




 I started by creating the mixed media background of this page using VIcki Boutin Art Crayons and Pinkfresh Studio Liquid watercolors. While the background dried, i started working on the title for the page.





I used the But First Coffee cut file to cut the title of the page from white cardstock.  First, i set the machine to cut the "But FIrst" part of the title four times from white cardstock so i could stack them together, and create my own dimensional alphas.



I chose to stitch the "coffee" part of the title; for this, i first added an offset to the word -on my Silhouette Studio platform-, then set the inner lines of the word as a perforated line, and then send it to cut from white cardstock.  This is an easy way to obtain a stitching guide without having to pierce the holes.  I then used some embroidery thread and Espresso Liquid Watercolor - Pinkfresh Studio - to detail the word.





To continue the circle shape of the background (mug ring marks) i cut a circle frame from white cardstock using the Infinity Hearts cut file.   I used it to frame my picture and continue the look of the background.



To embellish my page, i chose to add embellishments from Pinkfresh Studio's Office Hours collection and Citrus Twist Kits.  I made sure that the embellishments stayed within a small color palette and had a circular shape.



I hope this inspires you to check the new cut files available at JustNick Studio - if you are a coffee lover, then you must get the cut file--, there is always something for everyone.   Remember you can always contact me with any questions!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment