Aug 27, 2018

Some Kind of Wonderful


Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd  - SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL -





Hi there!

It is time for a new project for Scrapbook Nerd.   I recently picked the entire Maggie Holmes Willow Lane collection from the store, and decided to use it to create this page all about my daughter and her love for her guitar.





I challenged myself to use a non-white background for this page, and decided to stamp a monochromatic background using the collection's stamp set.  To bring attention to the tone-on-tone stamping, I added a small clear Nuvo drop to the center of each of the flowers.





Next,  I cut a few of the papers from the 12x12 paper pad, and layered them on the right hand side of the page.  Love the gold embossed music sheet paper, as it works perfectly on this page.





Some of the floral images were fussy cut from the 12x12 and 6x8 paper pads.   Once i have backed the picture with papers from the collection, I used the fussy cut florals to create clusters at the corners of the picture.






There are so many embellishments to chose from in this collection.  I played with some of the die cuts and foam thickers to create the title for this page.  Then added some of  the rub ons to the picture, and around the clusters in the page.  After my lines of journal, here is the final layout:




Sometimes inspiration hits late at night, and so is this case of this layout!  I love how this turned out, even when the background is not white!!!.

Remember to stop by Scrapbook Nerd to check this and all the new collections available at the store. As always let me know if you have questions on how this came together.

XO


No comments:

Post a Comment