Jun 20, 2017

You Float My Boat


Scrapbook Layout created for The Cut Shoppe  - YOU FLOAT MY BOAT -






Hello there!!

it is a sad day for me as this is my last post for The Cut Shoppe - the design team will end at the end of this month-.    It has been a pleasure to work with and for Ashley, to whom i will forever be thankful for taking a chance on me!.





At the same time, as this goes live, I will be packing our bags to take a month long vacation to beautiful Ecuador.  It is all about visiting my family, and creating memories like the one documented in this page.   This is actually one of our favorite pictures from our last trip 2 years ago, and my daughter, and her little cousin just loved being together, and this is an example that some traits are inherited.




As the picture was taken while sailing down the Amazon River, I chose to use the Nautical Notions cut file to recreate the scene,   A bit of mixed media created using Distress Oxides brings the colors of water to the page, and also enhances the helm image.





The helm of this layout was created from one of the papers from Ashley's "Ain't Life Grand" collection for Pretty Little Studio.  I also cut an offset image of the helm from white cardstock,and glued them together.   A bit of hand stitching brings all the details of the cut to the eye, as well as adds texture to the page.




The embellishments from this collection were perfect to create clusters around the picture and helm , hence creating a visual triangle.    Those flowers are just one of my favorites ever!





The title for the layout was also created from the cut file.   Once again,  i used one of the papers from the collection, and machine sewn it to the  page.   A small strip of blue vellum (cut to look like waves)was added to the bottom of the page.   After adding some enamel dots and ink splatters, here is the final layout:




The final layout is one of my favorites to date.  It is with heavy heart that i bid my farewell to the Cut Shoppe, but i am still a fan of Ashley's designs, so you will continue to see them in my pages.

Thanks for stopping by!



Materials Used:
Cut Files -  The Cut Shoppe

Patterned Paper collection and embellishments - Ain't Life Grand by Ashley Horton - Pretty Little Studio
Distress Oxides - Broken China, Faded Jeans - Ranger
White Enamel dots - Ranger

No comments:

Post a Comment