Jun 18, 2017

MY PERSONAL JOURNAL


Traveler's Notebook spread created for Clique Kits  -- MY PERSONAL JOURNAL --





Hello friends!


  i am back on the Clique Kits blog with a new entry to my personal journal (aka my TN) using pieces from the beautiful "Aquarelle" kit, and a few other goodies from the Clique Kits Store.     Most of you know that I keep a personal journal, which i use as my Project Life/ daily documenter method.  Though there is days that only writing appears on the page, there are those other times when you  need to include pictures.  I have kept a journal for a long time, so i am always trying to come up with new ideas for my entries - "Life is all about variety"-.  Here is one of the entries from a few weeks ago  after attending a 65th birthday party for a very good close friend of the family!




    Our friend Martha loves flowers, so i set to create  a background for the page using the  Daisy  Layering Stamp from Altenew -which i picked from the Clique Store-.   For these flowers, I pulled a few archival inks, as well as some Hampton Arts inks from my stash, and stamped the flowers on a lightweight watercolor paper cut to the size of my TN page.






   I tried my best to leave the center of the stamped page clear, so  the eye is drawn to the center of the page.  For this page, I pulled more goodies from the   Clique Store -you should really check all the goodies available for sale at the store- in this case i am using Pink Paislee's C'est La Vie Acetate letters, and the clear stickers to create the title of this page.  I paired them with some of the Aquarelle TN kit exclusive printables, and a piece of the branding  strip of the Wild at Heart collection papers.   I just love how the black in the title pops from the page.  






    Before gluing the page down to the TN, I cut a piece of vellum to fit the TN size, leaving about 3/4 in extra along the short side of the piece -the vellum measured 8x5 in for this spread-.  I marked with a bone folder the extra space of the vellum.  Before attaching it to the TN, i stitched one of the cards included in the Aquarelle TN kit, and added my sentiment.  Then glued the extra flap from the vellum piece to the TN, and added the stamped page on top of the vellum flap glued to the page.



 


   Before completely stitching the  card to the vellum, i added one of the stamped images - i created some extra flowers, and fussy cut them- , some of the large flower sequin from the May kit releases, and a few gold flower sequin from my stash.  I just love that little shaker pocket, and surprise as you turn the page.






    I took so many pictures of the celebration that day, but wanted to keep the focus of the page on Martha and her family ( we are very close friends of the entire familly), so I created a film strip of some of the pictures, layered a bit of the tissue paper that the kits come wrapped with, and glued it to the center of a piece of copy paper cut to the TN size.
 Here, all the rest of the fussy cut flowers were used to frame the picture strip.  I pulled one of the fabric labels from the Aquarelle kit  - i was lucky to receive the "Birthday Wishes" in my kit-, and one of the copper asterisks from the Alpha set.




    All Clique Kits are always loaded with lots of goodies that make their way to my stash, so i pulled some of the stickers from the Love Always kit  -which sold out-, and added them to one of the clusters of this page.

 I love how this spread came together (sorry no video this time!),  the beautiful stamped flowers worked perfect to document this lovely lady on her 65th birthday.    As always I am a comment away if you have questions on how this came together.

 See you all soon!



Materials used:
Clique kits - Aquarelle Kit main kit
Clique Kits - Aquarelle Kit TN kit
Clique Kits - Sorbet Kit sequin
Alternew - Layering Daisy Stamp
Ranger archival inks  -vibrant fuchsia, cactus flower-
Hampton Arts inks - Passion Pink, Fiji Nights sets
Crate Paper - Love Day collection - cardstock stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment