Apr 22, 2017

Ain't Life Grand


Scrapbook Layout created for Creative Scrappers  -  AIN'T LIFE GRAND -







Hello there!

This month The Cut Shoppe and Creative Scrappers are joining forces to bring a lot of inspiration using their recently released sketch -#305  you can find it at the bottom of this page -.   The DTs from both stores have enjoyed combining the products to create different takes on the sketch. Here is my take.





I was inspired by the shapes and organization of them on the sketch, so I used one of the images on the Let Them Eat Pie cut file to create 3 cut outs of different sizes.  I used papers from Ashley Horton's "Ain't Life Grand" collection for Pretty Little Studio to back some of the empty spaces, and used vellum for some of the others spaces.







Since the sketch calls from some layers behind each picture, i opted to add a layer of mixed media instead.   For this I used Heidi Swapp color shine inks to add some splatters in the same colors as those in the papers of the collection.









In order to bring attention to the picture, I pulled a series of pictures of my mom and daughter on one of our walks, and printed them in black and white.   I chose to only use 2 pictures, and use the smaller space to add the journal of this page.   A few smaller pieces from the Ain't Life Grand collection were added around the page as small clusters.









The newly released Ain't Life Grand cut file from the Cut Shoppe was perfect to create the title for this page.  The title was cut twice from black cardstock, and then glued to a white cardstock offset of the cut.     Before adding the title to the page, I trimmed about 0.5 in of two adjacent  sides of the mat, and glued large strips of one of  the papers of the collection,  Here is completed page:









Can I say I love this page!  The sketch made creating this page rather easy, and pushed me to use multiple pictures.

I hope you check the cut files used here at the Cut Shoppe Etsy store, and stop by the Creative Scrappers blog to check  what the DTs have created with the sketch and cut files.


Remember I am a comment away if you have a question on this came together.

Take care!



Materials Used:
Cut files - The Cut Shoppe


color shine - black, coral, rose, peacock, lime, seafoam - Heidi Swapp
Sketch #305 - Creative Scrappers

No comments:

Post a Comment