Jun 17, 2016

BE YOU!


Scrapbook Layout  - Be You! -


Hello everyone!


I hope you are doing well;  i have been busy with a lot of new projects -coming soon to the blog-.  However, one of the nerds at Scrapbook Nerd (Barb -the owner-)  had the idea of playing layout tag, though i have never play this before, I enter my name to the long list.   
Once i received the e-mail with the layout (I have to scraplift), my first thought was my daughter's recent pictures of her  in her graduation outfits and lace.

For this layout I used the Funky Floral cut file from the Cut Shoppe to create this flower cut-out.  I also cut some individual flowers and matching leaves.   I stitched this piece of paper lace with the sewing machine through the middle of the cut-out, and chose to not glue the edges to the mat.


The welded flowers in the cut-out remind me of the lace in my daughter's outfits.


Since the layout i was scraplifting had 3 4x6in pictures, I wanted to scale the pictures down in size, so they fit within the lace cut-out.   Thankfully, I took plenty of pictures of my daughter modelling her dresses, and a had a series that worked perfect on this layout.


I used a larger picture in the middle, as i wanted to anchor the piece and show the real  her.



The layout had banners on both edges of the page, so I went ahead and added banners to the top of the page, along with some ephemera and cut-outs.


I used a sewing machine to add the banners.


For the bottom, i added the same banners and a cut out from the Wild Flowers cut file from Scrapbook Nerd.  I also added a couple cut outs, and sequin  to both corners of the layout.




I wrote a large part of my journal on the back of the page,
and a few lines in the bottom banner.

For the title I used wood pieces from Michael's summer collection.  Here is the final layout:


I love the softness of the page...

I love this layout, it is soft just like the dresses she picked, but shows my daughter's true self at the same time.

I hope you like it, too

See you soon!



Materials used:
Paper lace cut-out,  Funky Florals cut file, The Cut Shoppe
Bottom floral lace border,  Wild Flowers cut file, Scrapbook Nerd
Patterned paper - Main layout -  Cloud Nine , Confetti collection , Maggie Holmes
                                   - Banners - Moments, Sunlit, and Spring, Bloom Collection, Crate Paper
Butterfly cut-outs - Flutter,  Bloom Collection, Crate Paper
Ephemera - Bloom Collection, Crate Paper
Title - wood pieces, Summer Collection, Michaels.











No comments:

Post a Comment