Apr 24, 2016

Welcome to Adventure


Scrapbook Layout for ScrapbookNerd.com - Welcome to Adventure -


The best title for the beginning of a beautiful creative adventure with Scrapbook Nerd


Hello everyone,


I am excited to share my first layout as part of the designing team for Scrapbook Nerd (ScrapbookNerd.com).  I am very thankful -first and above all to God, and then Barb and Joy for taking a chance with me- for this opportunity to express some of the crazy ideas that are always floating in my head...

We all received Crate Paper's "Wonder" collection as our first kit.  This is such a beautiful collection with rich colors and beautiful patterns that can be easily used to document  memories.   This kit and this month's theme, "Welcoming" worked hand in hand to create this layout about my kids' first visit to my native country, Ecuador, last year.

I started by using a simple handwriting font  from the silhouette store to form my title, welcome.  Once I had it perforated by the machine, i hand embroidered the letters with orange thread.  I fussy cut the large title, and set it aside.


Creating a background for the layout


I had chosen papers that were rich in orange and green to mat and layer my black and white picture, and chose to create my background, on watercolor paper,  using Heidi Swapp's Color Shine in Mint and Coral.  I used the packaging method to obtain the watercolor effect and added splatters of the ink as well.


Texture is key in this layout


I wanted to add texture to the page, so I went ahead and used Tim Holtz's collection "Plus" stencil (that is the name) with a bit of Heidi Swapp's white Texture paste.   The dimension and texture this adds to the page is beautiful.



A close up of all the papers used in the layout.


I used at least 4 different papers to layer my picture,  I added tags (I love them), some of the stickers and bundles of thread  in between the layers,   It was all about adding dimension and interest to the page.



I enjoying creating little bundles of ephemera on my layouts



Once the title was placed right below the picture,  I constructed a little banner bundle with stickers and pieces of ephemera (I even cut the Crate Paper logo -shaped as a banner) and attach it to the top left corner of the page.  I chose to add my journal lines at the bottom of the title.  As a final touch I splatter some black ink , and called it done..



The final layout


I had so much fun creating this page, I hope you like it, as much as we do.  If you have any questions, just leave me a comment here, my instagram feed or at Scrapbook Nerd forum.  I will be happy to respond.  I also am attaching a list of all the  materials used (everything is available at ScrapbookNerd.com, but the embroidery thread, and water color paper)

See you soon.  :)



Materials Used:
Water color paper, Canson
Patterned Paper,  Wonder Collection,  Crate Paper
Stickers,  Wonder Collection, Crate Paper
Ephemera, Market Place Collection, Crate Paper
Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Mint and Coral
Plus Stencil, Tim Holtz Collection
White texture paste, Heidi Swapp collection
Black India Ink, Higgins






No comments:

Post a Comment