Feb 10, 2021

HELLO WONDERFUL GIRL - Simple Stories




Hello there!
Nathalie with you today to share a new project created using the new SIMPLE VINTAGE COTTAGE FIELDS.   This collection is amazingly gorgeous, filled with florals, butterflies, heartfelt sentiments and a touch of vintage!  As soon as I opened my kit, the idea and picture for this page popped into my head:



The inspiration for the page were all the circle images in the collection's embellishments.  I wanted to play with this shape and decided to cut a few of the papers (Simple Vintage Cottage Fields Basic set - Rose/Black, Life For Today, 6x8 paper pad)into large circles  and add a bit of hand stitching around the inside perimeter of the page.



My idea was to create a soft cascade of circles.  First, I  glued the large circle to the b side of 4x6 ELEMENTS paper, then, using the top left corner as reference, I attached the rest of the circles -all starting at the same point-.  This caused the circle fan effect on the page. )



I used the Simple Stories Circle Photo Crops to trim my picture into a circle.  This was placed at the top of the circles, and then it was all about embellishing!!

First, I started by adding floral embellishments as if they are coming from under the circles ( layered between the circles).  I tried to keep the flowers to the same color of the circle, and added a circle embellishments to each cluster.  In addition, I tried to follow the stitching as a guide for the butterflies' placement.



I mixed die cuts. cardstock and foam embellishments to form the title of the page.  I placed this at the bottom right corner of the page.    To finish, I used the empty space of the pink circle to add my lines of journal.





I love how this turned out!  The colors and designs in the SIMPLE VINTAGE COTTAGE FIELDS is just pure joy.  Remember to check it at your  scrapbook store, I am sure you are going to love it, too!

XO









No comments:

Post a Comment