Jun 29, 2020

WANDER - Simple Stories




Hello Simple Stories friends!!
Nathalie with you today with  a new project using the beautiful Simple Vintage Great Escape collection.  As soon, as I received this collection, all i could think about was documenting our hikes around the river bank.  We live next to a river, so a large part of our neighbourhood is a part of a provincial park, which means i get to experience nature 5 minutes from home!  So, I pulled a picture of my littles enjoying our hike for this page...



I loved the papers in the collection so much, that i decided to play with them to create the page.   I started by adding a little bit of white acrylic paint to the b-side of Born to Roam paper - that creates the soft white halo around the papers -.



While the paint dried, i started to create the paper layers.  First, i backed the picture with a piece of the Fern/Juniper Basic paper.  I wanted to emphasize the color of the picture, so i decided to use lots of green and wood grain papers.   I cut layers from the Wild and Free, Time  for Adventure, Let's Explore, and Made to Wander  papers; along the way, i distressed the edges of the papers and added a bit of white paint to some of them,too.



I love the layered Chipboard frames in this collection, and have learned that sometimes, i need to alter elements to make them work for my page.  So, i trimmed the frame part of the chipboard, and used the clustered elements as an embellishment for my picture.  In addition, i added a few more stickers from the collection.

To balance the page, i added a large cluster of embellishments to the top right corner of the picture.  First i added a strip of washi tape in between the bottom two layers -this helps to give the impression of more paper layers-, then used some of the banner stickers to add more layers to the right side, then just added the large sticker at the very corner of the picture.



The large chipboard "WANDER" word is the perfect size for a title. So, i combined it with some ephemera and those cute mushroom brads to create my title.  I added small butterflies to create movement through the page starting at the title, and zig zaggiing through the page.  In addition, i added a few stamped images to bring extra sentiment to the page.




I love how this page came together, i just played with paper and embellishments to bring the rustic look of nature to the page.  I am sure you are going to love the new Simple Vintage Great Escape collection for all your outdoor adventures.  Cannot wait to see what you create with it!!

XO


No comments:

Post a Comment