Apr 20, 2018

Currently Loving TODAY


Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd - CURRENTLY LOVING TODAY -




Hi there,

It is time to share some inspiration for Scrapbook Nerd, and what better way than to bring color to a page by using mixed media and layers.




I started by playing with some distress oxides to create the background.  I had an idea of where everything would be place, so i just used the packaging technique to add splatters of colors to the page.



Since I chose a picture of my nephew in one of our walks, I kept the palette rather masculine.  While the background dried, I played with papers and ephemera pieces from the Good Vibes collection to create the layers behind the picture.  Finally added a pom pom trim to the front of the page to frame just the portion of the picture where my nephew is located.



I had fun creating layers, and took advantage of the colors in the picture to add the layers. Once it was all set, it all was glued to the mixed media background.  Just loved the pop of yellow on the layers.



To complete the page, I pulled the large chipboard words from Dear Lizzy, and matched it with the stamp sentiment from the Good Vibes collection.  Next i stressed the page a bit, and added more stamped sentiments   Here is the final layout:\



This page was so easy to put together, and so fun to see all the color in the page. Just love it all.

I hope this serves as inspiration in time for the weekend.   Remember to check Scrapbook Nerd for all the materials used in this page.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Take care!!

No comments:

Post a Comment