Feb 5, 2020

SWEET YOU - Citrus Twist Kits




Hi there!

This month's add-on kit is the perfect combination of color, design and sentiment which is the key to enhancing your memory keeping.   I wanted something soft and dreamy to document a recent picture of one of our Goddaughter's first day of dance school, so  i pulled some watercolor and just played with papers to create this page.




I wanted a background that was going to make everything else stand out, so i pulled a bit of Licorice liquid watercolor from Pinkfresh Studio ( available at the CTK shop) and using a large brush just added a few strokes on the page.   I followed this  with a bit of texture paste and a simple circle stencil, and set it aside to dry.





I pulled all the Pinkfresh Studio - My Favorite Story collection- papers, in the add-on kit, and vellum to create all the butterflies using a metal die.   I layered the vellum atop the paper butterflies to create the soft look on the images.  All the negative pieces of papers were then used to create the layers behind the picture.





Once i set the picture on the background, i used the butterflies to create three clusters surrounding the page.  I added a bit stamped sentiments around the clusters using the Traveler's Notebook  and  Life Crafted: Possibilities stamp sets, as well as some enamel dots from the add-on kit.



To make the color of my baby's tutu stand out, i simple folded the background and added small pieces of the Beauty of Simplicity paper and a few fussy cut flowers from the Bloom and Grow paper  -both from PinkFresh Studio-.  With so many beautiful embellishments, it was so easy to add a title and embellish the page.



I hope you stop by the  CTK shop to check this gorgeous add-on kit ( kits start shipping today)!  There is so many possibilities in this little bundle of paper and embellishments that it will sure enhance your stories.

XO




1 comment:

  1. (sorry, I leave my message as a comment because I didn't find contact form on your blog, hoping you'll see it soon.
    Please answer directly to my email address elise.amann(at)wanadoo.fr).

    Hello !
    I'm writting an article for the issue 85 of the french magazine called "Passion scrapbooking".
    The subject is "Scrap big !" (XL scrap layouts, big photos/titles, double-pages layouts...)
    I wish to show your creation within this article.
    (seen here : https://memorykeepingideas.com/big-letter-titles-on-layouts-scrapbook-inspiration)
    Would you agree with that ?
    If yes, could you please send me as soon as possible a high resolution photo of it ?
    Of course, your name or pen name if you want will appear next to the image, and the address of your blog will be in the address book.
    Thank you in advance for your quick answer, even if it is negative, so that I can get organized (I have to give my paper very soon... It should already be written, in fact)).
    If you have other layouts on this thematic to share with our readers, I would be happy to see them too. ;-)
    Best Regards,
    Elise AMANN
    PS : I'm also preparing another article, about the "cats" of the savannah (tigers, panthers, lions, leopards...).
    So, if you have layouts about this thematic that you accept to share with our readers, don't hesitate to send me photos of them ! ;-)

    ReplyDelete