Dec 1, 2018

December is Here!



Hi there!

It is December 1st, the Jolliest of all the months has just started, which means lots of festivities (birthdays in our home), and all the happy and not so shining moments are about to start.  I hope to be able to capture and doument all those moments in my Traveler's Notebook journal, but this year thanks to my friend Vicki, I will also be working on a picture challenge, so be prepared to be a sort of December daily type album to go along with this one (crazy you said!, i KNOW!!!)








I had already created my title and intention page for my TN, i used mainly the CItrus Twist Kits Christmas Stories kits and stamp for this ( even the cut files are included in this kit).  But since my Journal is usually the one that does most of the work, i decided to work on stories for the Seasons as they happened, so i want to share one of them with you today.






My first story is all about my kids setting up the Christmas tree this year.   I received a card a few years ago that had a gate opening, and the idea stuck on my head, so i decided to use it in this entry.






This page was built with pieces from the Citrus Twist Kits Christmas stories kit from this year,  I was lucky enough to snatch one and the add ons before they sold out. The papers and embellishments come from the Merry Days collection from Crate Paper.




Like I mentioned the idea of the gatefold card stayed with me, and i decided to play with it to create a similar one for my TN.  I am using a soft parchment paper as the base, and then cut  the tree from the Bright and Cozy paper from Pebbles.  I used the negative parts of the cut to create the tree in the inside of the fold and then added some pictures there.


And now i am off to work on documenting today's picture on my VB album., so hopefully I will get to jump in to show you how it also progresses.

Have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment