Oct 29, 2017

Life Is Wonderful



Scrapbook Layout created for Citrus Twist Kits  - LIFE IS WONDERFUL -





Hi there!


Today, I am up on the Citrus Twist Kits blog along with Mary Garcia to bring you a take on this week's sketch. 




Sketches are a great starting point for building layouts rapidly, and that was the case with the one created here.   I simply adapted the 8.5x11 sketch to fit into my 12in preferred size by adding some white cardstock (12 in ) as a base.





Since the sketch had so much negative space, I thought that i could replace that large piece of paper by using an 8.5x11 picture of my kids while in vacation in Ecuador.





Once i made this two adjustments, I pretty much followed the sketch  to construct this page.   For the picture cluster, I used Photoshop to edit the large picture, and to create a second picture of just my teens (i cropped the image and just printed the small section were my babies were standing), then used the  frames from the Turn the Page Ephemera pack to layer the picture in between them, and glued the cluster straight onto the picture (making sure that the smaller picture lined up with its original position on the larger one.




To build the title of the page, I used this month's CTK embellishment kit to add the large strip of Turn the PAge collection washi to a piece of white cardstock and then trimmed  it.  This month's stamp was perfect to add the small sentiment that completes the title.





I kept true to the sketch and used pieces from the kit to add all the small clusters at the corners of the page, as well as all the stars in the page.



 To complete the page, i used the ticket sheet , and branding strip of the papers in the kit to create the layers behind the picture. 

I love the graphic look of the page!  And to think it was all inspired by a simple sketch.  I hope you stop by the Citrus Twist Kits blog to check Mary's take on the sketch ( it is awesome!).  If you chose to play along with the sketch, remember to share your page in the CTK gallery or the Facebook Fans page with today's date on the title.  I cannot wait to see how this sketch inspires you!


We will be seeing each other shortly. 

Take care!


No comments:

Post a Comment