Nov 14, 2016

Be Happy


Scrapbook Layout  - BE HAPPY -





Hi there!

It is a busy time here in my blog, as there is so much paper love going around that has to be shared.
This time, I am showing you some inspiration using the newly released "Happy Things" cut file designed by The Cut Shoppe for Scrapbook Nerd.  Did I mention the cut file is free?   You can get your own copy by visiting the Scrapbook Nerd store.




I created the sample page for this cut file  by using the circle image on it.  I welded a few circles to created two rows of small circles.  I cut the image twice, as i wanted dimension to the piece.





My purpose was to highlight the background, and the picture, so I started by creating a background for the layout.  I used different inks  as to form a rainbow design along the center of a 12x12 in watercolor paper (i  used the wrapping technique to spread the ink to just where the cut file image will go).




Once the background was dried, i used foam dots to glue the cut-out to the mat.  I only used the center of the page for this layout.  I picked a black and white picture of my littles and simply layered some vellum behind it.  I glued the picture on the left side of the layout, and added a few embelishments along the picture, and the circles, making sure the embelishment matched the color of the background.  Here are a few close ups:








To complete the page, I used some gelatos to color the wood veneers to the corresponding color of the background.   I added a few lines of  journal and ink splatters of all the colors used in the page.  Here is the final layout:




Isn't the final layout simple, yet colorful?  I love it!.  All the color mixed with the simple cut-out is striking.  Do not forget to stop by the Scrapbook Nerd Store to pick up a copy of this beautiful cut file.

Thanks for visiting!



Material Used:
Watercolor paper - Canson
Vanilla textured card stock - American Crafts
cut file - Happy Things - Scrapbook Nerd

Gelatos - Faber Castell
Texture paste and color shine inks - Heidi Swapp
Wood Veneer - Michaels
Ephemera- Cest La Vie collection (Pink Paislee), Journey collection (Pink Paislee)
Rub-on stickers - Better Together collection - Amy Tangerine
Chipboard stickers - She Blooms collection (Illustrated Faith), MAMBI , My Girl collection (My Mind's Eye)
Tags - MIllie and June collection - Fancy Pants
word stickers - Small chat - Tim Holtz - Ideaology

No comments:

Post a Comment