Mar 9, 2016

FAMILY TRADITION


Scrapbook Layout - Family Tradition -


Hello again,

Every year my dad and his family have taken my kids apple picking on Thanksgiving Day (we live in Canada, so we are talking about the second week of October).  As usual, I bought a lot of apples and took a lot of pictures.  The one i am using here is one of my favorites of my kids and with their grandfather and aunts.

If you read my previous post -SCHOOL ROCKS- you will know that i saved the apple cut-out from that layout.  Since the cut was made on white card-stock,  i used a thin layer of gesso  on the apple before  adding color to it.  Once the gesso was dried,  i used Faber Castle gelatos to color the apple, stem and leaf.  While that was drying,  i used a bit of water color -ochre color-to create some splashes on another piece of white cardstock. 


I tried to keep the seasonal colors in my layout...



I love mixing up techniques on my layouts, and this was my first attempt with gelatos.   I was truly surprised at how easy was to work with them and the effect they produced on the page...  Since i wanted the apple and the picture to be the focus of the page, I printed the picture in black and white, and chose very little embelishment around it.


I used word stickers to create the title, and some cut-out floral paper
as mat and layer for the picture


A few sentiment stickers, and lines of journaling were added to the bottom of the apple -to create a visual triangle-.   These did not affect the look of the apple, and actually helped balance the  piece.


The stamp started to bleed since the color shine was added right away. 


Finally a Heidi Swapp patterned paper was attached to the white cardstock to form a frame for the layout, and to tie in the picture to it.  Here is the final layout:






Materials Used:
White Cardstock - Michaels
Faber Castle Gelatos
Patterned Paper, Heidi Swapp Collection
Floral cut-out paper, Heidi Swapp Collection
Title - word stickers-,  Our Family collection, Echo Park
Gold Ephemera, All things gold Collection, My MInd's Eye
Word Phrase sentiments,  Our Daily stories collection, Teresa Collins & Market Place collection, My Mind's Eye.



No comments:

Post a Comment