Sep 29, 2017

Family


Scrapbook Layout created for Simple Stories  - FAMILY -






Happy Fall, Y'all!!


I am up on the Simple Stories blog with two new projects all about my favorite season.  Here is the first one.

In case you have not notice, I love Autumn!, and what better way to document it  that by using the new Simple Stories Vintage Blessing collection     The colors, designs, and overall feeling of this collection are perfect, especially for all those family portraits, and colorful nature shots, but better yet let me show you:




For the first project, i pulled a picture of my kids, the littles, and my younger sisters to create a page all about this new family generation.   I am a sucker for large titles, so I set to build one that could combine as many of the colors and patterns of the collection in one.




 Using a simple font from the Silhouette store, I cut each letter from the word family out of papers from the 6x8 paper pad.   At the same time, i used the Silhouette Software to weld the letters together (just in the screen), and then use the formed word to create an offset -the white base of the title- where i could glue the letters together.





I glued the letters to the white cardstock base, and used some hand stitching to secure it all together, add texture, and bring the handmade feeling of the collection to the page.   





To bring in more of the vintage feeling of the page, i glued one of the papers from the Wood and Gingham 12x12 paper pad to the "So Thankful" paper.    I was careful not to add glue around the lines of the  wood grain design, and instead used an exacto knife to carefully slit the paper open, and  stressed the edges of each wood slat.




There are so many beautiful stickers and die cuts in this collection that it was so easy to combine them into clusters around the page.  Here is the final layout:




The final look of this page is simple, yet full of color and different textures.   The perfect combination to safe keep a moment in our family's life.  But now, let me show you how the same collection can be used to document the beauty of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment