Sep 27, 2017

My Personal Journal



Traveler's Notebook layout created for Scrapbook Nerd - MY PERSONAL JOURNAL -




Hi there,

My fascination with journaling and notebooks comes from an early age.  I think I have been enamored with paper for as long as i can remember, and then there were the stamps... Be still my heart. So today, I want to share what  is commonly used in my TN to document my every day, and used a combination of my favorite techniques to create this page for Scrapbook Nerd.



Since I wanted to document my kids's 1st day of school, I reached for some mixed media paper, and punched the edge to create the look of a notebook page.  Then used the Tim Holtz stamping platform to create a graduating color stamp look.  I used Distress Oxides, and Pinkfresh Studio's Lovely Borders 2 to create the page.  The title for the page comes from a sticker from Pinkfresh Studio's Dream On Washi booklet.






To cover the other side of the page, I used Pinkfresh Studio's Dream On collection paper, and then matted the pictures on papers from the 6x6 paper pad from the Daydreamer collection from Kaisercraft.   The pictures were glued to the page, and then i used the So Fancy Stamp from Pinkfresh Studio to add a small detail in between pictures.  

The look of the layout before opening the flap.




Since I wanted to add lots of  journaling about this day, I used some washi tape (Carpe Diem from Simple Stories) to  attached the stamped paper to the page of the TN.








When you open the flap, there is a picture of my kids hard at work.  I am a fan of Digital Stamps for documenting on my TN, so i used one of Ali Edwards stamps to add the sentiment to the picture, and then added some stickers from the Daydreamer collection from Kaisercraft.   The journal was then created using a combination of digital stamps from Kerri Bradford Studio, and my typewriter.  Here is the  completed layout:




This page came together super easy and fast with the help of the digital stamps, and the stamping platform.  Remember that all the supplies are available at Scrapbook Nerd ( not the digital stamps!), and I a comment away if you have questions on how this page came together.


See you all soon!


Materials Used:
Kaisercraft - Daydreamer collection - 6x6 paper pad, Collection kit, and ephemera
Pinkfresh Studio  - Dream On collection - 12x12 papers, washi tape booklet
                             - So Fancy stamp set
                            - Lovely Borders 2 stamp set
Tim Holtz - Small Chat word stickers
Heidi Swapp - Memory Planner - Tabs
Ranger - Distress Oxides - Black Soot, Faded Jeans, Broken China, Cracked Pistachio, Grape Preserves.


No comments:

Post a Comment