Sep 12, 2017

Sweet Charm



Scrapbook Layout -  Sweet Charm


a close up of the layout details


Hello everyone!,

I love cut files, and Scrapbook Nerd has just released a new cut file, "X to my O", designed by the Cut Shoppe.   Since I can resist using them, I chose to create a sample to go along with the published cut file image.





To start this layout, I traced the cut file, and set the machine to perforate the XO in the design (i removed the circle out of the design for  the moment.   I then used embroidery floss to complete the background of the page...


the colors match those in MME's On Trend 2 collection



  I chose to cut  the circle out of another patterned paper, making sure to shrink it a bit.  Using foam adhesive squares, I attached it to the stitched background.  



a close up to the cluster on the picture


Since there is a lot of color on the page, i picked to use a black and white picture of my niece on her 8th birthday, and anchored it to the lower right side of  the page. I added  a few clusters around the picture (all materials come from the same collection).







For the title, I picked the mirror stickers from the collection and placed them on the opposite side diagonally to the picture.







Finally I added some small details (enamel dots) and my journal lines along the page.  Using a black fine marker, I create a small border along the edge of the circle, as to give the impression of stitching-.  Here is the final layout:






I am so happy with the results, and have started finding ideas on how to use the cut file differently.  Do not forget to stop by the Scrapbook Nerd Store to pick up your FREE copy of the cut file,  just follow this link.   

As always let me know if you have any questions about the layout.

See you soon!!




Materials Used:
Cut file, X to my O, Scrapbook Nerd
Patterned Papers,  On Trend 2collection - My Mind's Eye
Chipboard Stickers, On Trend 2 collection - My Mind's Eye
Ephemera pieces, ON Trend 2 collection - My Mind's Eye
Stickers,  On Trend2 collection - My Mind's Eye
Mirror Stickers - On Trend 2 collection - My Mind's Eye
enamel dots - On Trend2 collection - My Mind's Eye





No comments:

Post a Comment