Scrapbook Layout - Love My Crazy Girls -
This picture is one of my favorites from the Christmas lot, but i did not want to use it in a December layout. Last week i got hold of Crate Paper's Hello Love collection, and right away I knew it was perfect for this picture.
I started by using The Cut Shoppe's Love All Around cut file to create a large frame for the layout (the cardstock is a very light cream color). Since it looks like many intertwined hearts, a little bit of hand-stitching for just two of the hearts was enough to highlight the cut and add some texture to the layout.
|Just added some hand-stitching to the inner and outer hearts using|
pink embroidery floss to match the background paper.
Some dimensional glue dots were used to lift the cut-out from the paper. I used paper from the same collection to back and layer the picture. I knew that the title needed to be inside the heart to emphasize the connection between the frame and the picture, so i used some Freckled Fawn wood veneer and glitter foam Thickers to complete it.
|The wood veneer has been colored using Gold Gelato,|
and the golden arrow brings your eye to the picture
Most of the cutouts and ephemera used came from Crate Paper. The camera and the mosaic hearts were cut-out from the patterned papers from the collection, and layered using foam dots.
|A close up of the layered ephemera and cutouts.|
To create balance on the page, some more ephemera was added to the top corner of the cut-out. To add some interest, i added some of the embroidery floss -in a bundle- and a matching mosaic heart. These two were tucked under a Valentine's Day flair (from the Dollar Store).
|Just play around with the thread until you reach the effect desired. |
I always used removable glue dots to create my bundles, so I can move and secure the thread
|The Completed Layout|
Featured in THE CUT SHOPPE's Instagram feed.
- Patterned paper, Crate Paper "Hello Love" Collection
- Cardstock, light beige, American Crafts
- Cut File, Love all Around, The Cut Shoppe
- Ephemera, Heidi Swapp MInc Collection.
- Label, Recollections, Michaels
- Chipboard stickers, Crate Paper, Maggie Holmes Flea Market Collection
- Foam Letters, Thickers, Fitzgerald
- Wood veneers, Freckled Fawn
- Stickers, Heidi Swapp Memory Planner Collection
- Flair, Valentine's Day Collection, local Dollar Store
- Gold and Black color shine, Heidi Swapp