Scrapbook Layout -40-
I turned 40 last December (YAY!!), and the only picture that we have of that night is the one my daughter took with the DSLR, so I had to document the occasion.
First I created a cutfile that had a enlarged oval and a number 40 inside using my Silhouette cameo (i love the cutting machine). Since I wanted to give it a sense of celebration, I also cut a star banner (from Paper Issues -Christmas Banner cutfile) on watercolor paper. After hand stitching the oval to the original cardstock, i created a shaker pocket with the Fuse in the shape of the number four, and glued it as part of the backing paper to the cutfile.
Since the picture was printed in black and white, and i am using colorful sequins, i chose paper that had similar colors to the sequins. A few cutouts and ephemera helped to highlight and anchor the picture, and of course a wood veneer ( I love wood cutouts). Finally I added Heidi Swapp Colorshine mist to the garland and attached it using my stapler and a brad in the middle to give a sense of movement to the piece... I hope you like it.
|The picture gets highlighted by using patterned paper and cutouts,|
the confetti stickers add an air of celebration to the layout..
- Paper: True Stories, Shimelle
- Cutfile: Christmas Banners, Paper Issues
- Stickers: Birthday Wishes & Our Family , Echo Park
- Chipboard pieces: DIY Boutique, Simple Stories
- Cutouts, The Happy Planner, MAMBI
- Heidi Swapp Color Shine Gold and Mustard
- Shaker card built with a 3x4" pocket , Becky Higgins Project Life