Sep 22, 2018

Hey, Hey Sunshine


Scrapbook Layout created for Vicki Boutin  -  HEY, HEY SUNSHINE,  Take Note  -





Hi there, Nathalie with you today with a new project created using Vicki’s mixed media line and the new Field Notes collection.   I am so in love with this collection, as it is so versatile;  I can easily create lovely pages with the paper designs, but it can easily also be used to create masculine pages in a very short amount of time. 





As most of my pages work, I started with no plan in mind, the only starting point was the picture of my son.  I love the socks he is wearing in this photo, so I chose the colors of it to create the background for my page using layers of mixed media.




First a bit of stamping using the new Escape stamp set, then some yellow art crayon to create the watercolor background.   The blue art crayons were then used to create the stenciled circle look on the page using the scribbled circle stencil and the stencil brushes, and to finish, I repeated the stenciling technique using black art crayon, the script circle and a damped stencil brush.



Now it was time to embellish. First, I used some of the Field Notes collection and some foam adhesive to back and add layers behind the picture.  Next, I  used a combination of watercolor  and chipboard stickers and some of the puffy shapes to  create clusters around the picture.



I wanted to leave lots of white space on this page, so I chose to add the title to the left edge of the page at the same level of the picture.   First, I trimmed about a half an inch from the foundation paper,  cut a small slit at about half the length.  Then followed the same steps used to create the background, but this time I chose to form a triangle that pointed to the picture.  Once the mixed media dried, I backed the layer with a paper from the collection forming a pocket for my journaling tag and used the folded corners a placement for my title.



I hope you all inspired to check Vicki’s new Field Notes collection and  create something magical with it.   Well, that is all for me!  Remember to share your Vicki Boutin creations with us!  I look forward to seeing how you use her products.

XO





Materials Used:
Foundation Paper
Gesso
Warm, Neutral and Cool Art Crayon sets
Stencil Brush
Scribble Circles and Script Stencil
Escape Stamp Set
All The Good Things Rotary Stamp Set
Watercolor Brushes
All the Good Things 7x10 paper pad and Watercolor Stickers
Field Notes collection – 12x12 paper pad; Chipboard, Puffy and Watercolor Stickers, Ephemera pack – Journaling spots; Black Puffy Thickers



No comments:

Post a Comment