Mar 2, 2016

#ScreenCrushing


Scrapbook Layout - #ScreenCrushing -


The layout was created for the upcoming Scrapbook Nerd on-line crop



Hello everyone,


I have been asked to lend a hand in an on-line crop for Scrapbook Nerd.  The theme is Back to Basics, so I decided to use leading lines as my subject for my layout and challenge.  

First i picked three pictures of my teen son "taking care" of his cousin, these are a few of a series i took of them and it depicts how my son went from iPad surfing to watching the Minions movie within minutes, hence the title #Screen crushing.

The papers used come from Dear Lizzy's Serendipity collection.  Since i wanted to use leading lines to highlight the pictures, i went ahead and cut around one of the papers that had this intersecting lines.   I placed them  pointing towards the center of the page, and attached them on the layout paper using some back hand-stitching.


I tried to use matching embroidery floss to attach the chevron/arrow pieces to the layout


Next I matted and layer the pictures using papers from the same collection, and in the same color combination of the leading lines.    Before gluing down the pictures, I went ahead and added rub-on stickers (Heidi Swapp collection)  between the two vertices of the chevron lines.


I tried to keep all the colors within a determined palette.



Since i did not want to take away from the leading lines and the pictures, a small cluster of ephemera was added to the last picture.




I used the stitched hearts to continue with the stitched look of the leading lines.


The title was formed using Heidi Swapp thickers and a large phrase sticker from one of her collections.  In order to balance the piece i added the title on the opposite side of the ephemera cluster.



By splitting the title into two words I can balance the layout.


Finally i added the journal lines between the space created by the chevron lines.

I hope you are inspired to use leading lines in your next project.

See you soon.

The completed layout



Materials Used:
  • Patterned papers,   Serendipity collection, Dear Lizzy
  • Title,  Heidi Swapp thickers, and phrase stickers in gold
  • Rub-on stickers, Heidi Swapp collection
  • Stickers and chipboard stickers,  Soft Spoken Collection, Me and My Big Ideas
  • stitche heart cutout,  Recollections, Michaels














No comments:

Post a Comment