Mar 9, 2016

SCHOOL ROCKS


Scrapbook Layout  - SCHOOL ROCKS -


Hello everyone,

I have been busy trying to organize my scrapbooks.  I love to keep them in chronological order, so once in a while i have to sit down and organize them.  Well, after all the organization, I realized that I have not shared much of my work on this blog.  So slowly I will start to add them in.  

The first layout I am sharing today, it is rather simple. I created this page to remember my kids first day of school (my son is in grade 10, and my daughter in grade 8).   Since both my kids are teenagers now, I wanted to evoke the sense of school, without being childish, so I thought of an apple.

First I drew a simple apple outline on a Heidi Swapp patterned paper, and started to fill it with some word phrases about school.


The word phrases repeated on a 12 inch strip, so cutting it to fit within the
frame was key to the design.



To fill in the empty space in between the word phrases, I used small strips of washi that were cut to fit within the frame of the apple.  This layout comes pre-Silhouette Cameo, so i free-hand cut the apple on white textured card board with an exacto  knife and scissors (I saved the apple cut-out for  another layout  which i am posting right after this one)  Also, I cut a half and inch border around the card stock, so that you can see the patterned paper mat.  I attached the cut out to the page, and added a few embelishments to create a visual triangle.



I  love tags and labels, so I try to use them on most of my layouts.


Finally some lines of journaling and a few drops of black color shine complete the  page.  Check the next entry to see what came of the apple cut-out...

see you soon...



The completed layout...
i used an old notebook page to mat and frame my picture...




Materials Used:
Pattern Paper, Heidi Swapp Collection
Apple cut-out, white textured cardstock, Michaels
Word Phrases, School Rocks, Recollections, Michaels
Tag, Recollections, Michaels
Ephemera, tab,  MInc Collection, Heidi Swapp
Banners,  Teresa Collins
Black Color shine, Heidi Swapp.








No comments:

Post a Comment