Scrapbook Layout - Keep On Singing... -
I have some many pictures of my kids saved on my laptop, but as i started to scroll down my phone gallery, I found quite a few we took on a recent day trip we took. Since they were taken in a series, my phone automatically created a camera roll with them, and it gave the idea for this layout.
First I printed the best 3 pictures in a 4x6 sheet using a collage so that it looked as it came from a photo booth. Since the picture depicts my kids rapping to Drake's "Hotline Bling", some music tones had to be added to the page. The music sheet stamp worked perfect to create an undertone to the piece.
|A strip of patterned paper was stitched along the vertical line of the layout.|
The patterned papers from the Wildflower collection from We R Memory Keepers served perfectly for the layout. The coordinated colors add a liveliness to the page -since the pictures are black and white-. I like to add texture and balance to the page by layering paper and adding height. Staples help to attach the papers and add lift to the page.
Staples and glue dots help add dimension to the piece.
The picture gets highlighted with all the beautiful paper layers.
To add interest to the layout, a small kraft envelope was added to the top of the bottom layer, paper cutouts, and tags add embelishment to the page. A music note clip helps tie the music feeling to the page.
|The foiled heart was created using a cut file from The Cut Shoppe.|
Most of the embelishment come from cut-outs from other papers.
A visual triangle to the piece was achieved by adding a few pieces of ephemera and chipboard stickers to the opposite side of the picture.
|The foiled pieces were created using Heidi Swapp MInc machine.|
For the title of the layout, a festive banner was created using an alphabet banner cut file from Silhouette studio store. The title was cut on gold cardboard to tie up the look of the layout.
|The banner was attached using foam dots to raise higher than the layered picture.|
A few lines of journaling were added to the top corner of the page. I chose the lines to go the opposite way of the main strip to complete the visual triangle of the layout.
The final layout
|The dater used is new, and the date was not accurate, it should read December 13, 2015...|
- White Cardstock, American Crafts
- Patterned paper, We R Memory Keepers, Wildflower collection
- Gold Cardstock, title, American Crafts
- Letters, title, Heidi Swapp Collection
- Stamp, Recollections, Michaels
- Tag, Recollections, Michaels
- Cut-outs, Crate Paper -Hello Love collection-, American Crafts - Documentary-
- Envelope, Becky Higgins Project Life
- Chipboard stickers, Me And My Big Ideas
- Foiled hearts using Happy Hearts cut file from the Cut Shoppe, and soft pink foil from Heidi Swapp MInc collection
- Foiled arrow using Arrow Titles cut file from Juliana Michaels, and gold foil from Heidi Swapp MInc collection
- Foiled ephemera, Heidi Swapp MInc collection
- Music note paper clip, Recollections, Michaels
- Color shine, black, Heidi Swapp collection