Scrapbook Layout - I Love You 4 Ever -
|Part of the card that inspired this layout.|
If you have visited my blog before, you will know that i love to safe-keep pieces of my life. This time, I am using an old Valentine's card (from my husband) as part and inspiration to this layout.
First I deconstructed the card. I carefully removed the vellum shaker envelope (it was at the front of the card), and went ahead and cut the card -along the fold-. I saved the signed sentiment (it is attached to the back of the layout), and used the rest to mat the envelope to the layout.
|A simple design ensures that the picture and shaker envelope are highlighted.|
To contrast the card colors, i used papers from Amy Tangerine's Stitched collection. I went for a soft teal with a world map and little white hearts for the main paper, and a 6x12 strip of the grey triangle pattern paper to center the picture and card pieces.
|Just a few pieces of chipboard stickers and ephemera were enough for this layout|
To create a visual triangle for the piece, I added a doily and a sticky note to the back of the card stock. In addition, a tag and a planner sticky tab were added to the top of the layout to ensure balance on the piece.
|The tag and the heart were created from pieces of scrap paper from my stash.|
Finally I added a wood veneer for the title and some drops of color shine to complete the layout. I hope you like it, and it inspires you to use up old cards or trinkets you treasure. See you soon...
|The Completed Layout|
- Valentine's Day Card - Meri e Meri
- Patterned paper -layout-, Stitched Collection, Amy Tangerine
- Patterned paper -strip-, Stitched Collection, Amy Tangerine
- Patterned paper -tag and picture mat-, Save the Date Collection, Teresa Collins
- Sticker Chipboard, Flea Market Collection, Crate Paper
- Paper Cut-out, Daily Stories, Teresa Collins
- Sticker transparency, round Chipboard sticker, Me and My Big Ideas
- Wood Veneer, Recollections, Michaels
- Color shine, tea, Heidi Swapp